Effective Date: May 7, 2018
PRIVACY & COOKIE NOTICE
Nielsen respects your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose your information. This Privacy & Cookie Notice applies to the collection and use of information for the Nielsen Alumni websites, www.nielsen.com/alumni and www.alumni.nielsen.com (the “Site” or “we”). The Site is administered by Conenza Inc. on behalf of Nielsen. The purpose of the Nielsen Alumni Network is to maintain a long-term relationship with you and other former employees after your departure from our company. By using this Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy & Cookie Notice.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us. When you register at the Site, we ask you to provide personal information like your name, email address, length of employment at Nielsen, and your area of residence. In addition, your user profile offers you the opportunity to provide a wide range of supplemental information, including photo, postal address, current occupation, industry, education, skills, and personal and business interests. You may also choose to import this information from a third party social network site such as LinkedIn or Facebook, subject to that site’s user agreement. We receive information you post on this Site, such as on chats or message board pages, resumes, job applications, or event RSVPs. We may also ask you to provide information in connection with inquiries, information requests, and any feedback you submit related to this Site. Please keep in mind that the information you voluntarily provide through the Site may be publicly available to other members of the Nielsen Alumni Network.
As our website hosting partner, Conenza may set its own cookies on the Site. For more information on Conenza cookies, please visit https://www.conenza.com/privacy.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how users engage with the Site. Google Analytics cookies collect information such as data about the number of visitors to the Site, the web page that referred visitors to the Site, and the pages that visitors view within the Site. To opt out of being tracking by Google Analytics across all websites, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs and Other Similar Technologies. These other technologies may be used in connection with some Site pages to track the actions of Site users, compile statistics about Site usage, associate non-identifiable demographic and preference data with device-related data (e.g. cookie IDs), and in some case matching that data with similar data supplied by other companies, or estimate the age ranges or the audience which viewed the videos on this Site.
Nielsen Digital Measurement. Nielsen uses its digital measurement products on this Site. To learn more about Nielsen Digital Ad or Content ratings, or to opt out of Nielsen’s audience measurement products, please click here.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information collected through your use of the Site in the following ways:
- To administer your membership and use of the Site as a member or the Nielsen Alumni Network.
- To enable other users to search for and locate you via the Nielsen Alumni Network directory.
- To provide our users with a customized experience on our site, including personalization services such as News and Events and interactive communications.
- To research and analyze our users' demographics, interests and behavior in an aggregated form to better understand and serve our users and improve our site and its offerings.
- To contact you periodically with communications about events, publications or employment opportunities with Nielsen, which we feel might interest you, unless you ask not to be contacted. You will have an opportunity to opt out of receiving further messages.
- To share with other internal Nielsen systems, specifically Salesforce, our internal sales tool, to contact you with industry relevant information.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To send you commercial communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our communications.
- We may also use data for other purposes, which we will always describe to you when we collect the information. We will not rent or sell your personal information to others.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following situations:
- With Conenza, our third party website hosting and Alumni Network provider.
- To enable our third party service providers to perform services such as (but not limited to) website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar administrative or technical services.
- To identify you to anyone with whom you communicate through the Site.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, and blogs and other services (including social media services) to which you are able to post information and materials that will be seen by other visitors on the Site. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will be publicly available. You should consider this when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on the Site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This Privacy & Cookie Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site to which this Site contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or by our affiliates. If you import your information from a third party networking site like LinkedIn or Facebook, you are subject to that site’s user agreement.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES, ACCESS, AND YOUR RIGHTS
When you register, your name appears in the Alumni Directory and is visible to other registered members of the Nielsen Alumni community. When you complete your profile following registration, you may choose which pieces of information are visible in the directory using the "Show" feature. You may change this at any time by editing your profile using the "My Profile" function.
You are entitled to know what information we hold about you and to have access to that information. You can access, edit or correct the information in your profile at any time. If you would like to suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your personal information that you previously provided, you may contact us. If at any point you believe your personal information is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to make it right. If you are an EU resident, you can also contact the data protection authority in your home country. A list of EU data protection authorities and their contact information can be found here.
If you no longer want to receive electronic newsletters, marketing communications, and other communications related to other products or services offered by us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link available in each email or contact us and request to be removed from our email marketing database. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared it. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our products or services.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to minors under the age of 13, and we request that persons under 18 not provide personal information through the Site. If we become aware that we have received data from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by using our Site you consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States.
We do not generally collect and we ask that you not or disclose any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site. If you choose to provide us or members of the Nielsen Alumni Network with unsolicited sensitive personal information, you consent to our using the data, subject to applicable law as described in this Privacy & Cookie Notice.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY & COOKIE NOTICE
We may change or update this Privacy & Cookie Notice. Please take a look at the “Effective Date” at the top of this page to see when this Privacy & Cookie Notice was last revised. If we were to make a material change (the kind of change to the way we use your data that might make you reconsider using this Site) in the way we collect or use your data, we will post a revised Privacy & Cookie Notice at least thirty (30) days prior to its implementation. Any non-material changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy & Cookie Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy & Cookie Notice.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also send us a letter at the following addresses:
From EU Countries:
Attn: Legal Dept.
Oxford Business Park South
John Smith Drive
From Other Countries:
Attn: Legal Dept.
85 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004
Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) is a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence, mobile measurement, and related assets. The company has a presence in approximately 100 countries, with headquarters in New York, USA. For more information please visit www.nielsen.com.